Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome Spring

I've had an idea floating around in my mind ever since a Cyber-friend had mentioned that she had a daffodil blooming. I had lots of daffodils in my old house and since they were sheltered and on the south side of the house, they bloomed very early. I always loved taking a bouquet to the library to remind everyone that Spring was almost here. I wonder if they are blooming yet?



I love the Vintage Vogue stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalog. (I especially love that it is a clear mount stamp.) When I started thinking daffodils, I could see one in this Vintage flower.

First I stamped both the large and small flower on YoYo Yellow with Crushed Curry ink and cut both out. I fastened the small flower over the center of the large flower with a brad and snipped the small flower a few times so it would make a cup. I cut the leaves and stem freehand out of a retired In Color, Wild Wasabi. It was just the shade I was looking for. (Glorious Green would probably work ok too.) I used the Crushed Curry marker to do squiggles next to the border. I finished it off with the Welcome stamped in Always Artichoke and punched with the Large Oval Punch. I inked the edges with the Artichoke so it would stand out a little better.





Card Recipe

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Warm Words
Paper: Whisper White Textured, YoYo Yellow, Crushed Curry Textured, Wild Wasabi Textured
Ink: Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke
Acc: Large Oval Punch, Earth Elements Brad, Scallop Trim Border Punch (free with $50.00 order), Crushed Curry Marker

I wish you a daffodil kind of day. Spring is just around the corner.
Bonnie




2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh WOW this is beautiful!!

Jenny said...

almost as pretty as the real thing!