Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lindsay's Card

I made this card for several challenges. I love it when I can combine challenges for a card! Sometimes I get way too confused but this one went together well. It wasn't at all like I planned when I went in my stamp room. Sometimes it goes like that!

The Color Challenge this week was Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery & Melon Mambo with neutrals of choice. Bashful & Celery I could see. They are both Soft Subtles. But Melon Mambo??? It's one of my favorite colors but I never ever thought of using it with the Subtles! When I inked the branch with the Celery & Melon, it didn't look bad. So then I went all out and decided to use Melon for the card base too! What do you think?

The Color Challenge was combine with the Tea Pot Challenge to do a card based on quilting. So I ran the pieces through the Big Guy to make it look more like a quilt. I also drew little stitches to try to make it look like an applique piece. (I'm not sure if I succeeded with that or not but there was no going back!)

Then I used the Sketch Challenge this week for the layout.

This card will go to a young woman, Lindsay, who found out she had cancer right after she found out she was pregnant. She is fighting a big battle and my heart goes out to her and her mother. Say a prayer for them, ok?

Card Recipe
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Melon Mambo, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue & Melon Mambo Markers, Night of Navy
Acc.: Big Shot, SU Perfect Details Texturz Plate


Wishing you good health and a joyful day.
Bonnie

No comments: