Monday, April 26, 2010

All A Flutter

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to make a birthday card for Miss Boo (aka Jen) who gives us the CAS challenges each week. Her favorite color is orange. If life begins at 40, she is just getting started today! Happy Birthday Jen.

I broke out a new stamp called All a Flutter. It is in the new Summer Mini catalog that you should have received by now. ( If not let me know.) It's on the last page and is a single stamp. I think it would be beautiful embossed but since I need to get some more black embossing powder, I stamped it with black Stazon ink. I used the Only Orange marker and blender pen to color it.

The embossing was done with the BIG GUY and the whacked embossing folder. The sentiment is from a set which is also in the Summer Mini called Watercolor Trio. Isn't it a pretty script?

I stamped and painted more than one butterfly soo......

This one uses some of the soon to be new colors and one soon to be discontinued color. The embossed strip (also done with the whacked folder) is Tangerine Tango and the mat behind the stamped image is the brand new Cajun Craze. I love both of these colors. I like the Apricot Appeal too and will be sad to see it go.

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps: All a Flutter, Watercolor Trio
Paper: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black, Only Orange SU Marker
Acc.: Blender Pen, Whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Scallop Corner & Scallop Trim Border Punches

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: All a Flutter

Paper: Apricot Appeal, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze
Ink: Black Stazon, Only Orange SU Marker
Acc.: Blender pen, Whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Flower Assortment Designer Brads

I don't usually use orange this time of year. I am more apt to use the Soft Subtle colors in the spring. Today's challenge was fun. I did something I wouldn't ordinarily do.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Bonnie

No comments: