Thursday, April 29, 2010

Color Book

About 3 weeks ago I shared the news that Stampin' Up! was going to revamp their colors in July. There will be 5 new colors and 10 returning in colors. We will be saying a fond farewell to 30 of the current colors.


When I was new to Stampin' Up!, I thought how nice it would be if I could actually see the cardstock and be sure of the colors. The assortment packages are a wonderful way to check out the colors but it's nice to see what you will be getting.



Now seemed like a perfect time to put a little book together with all the colors. Stampin' Up! had sent all the demonstrators one sheet of each of the new colors (all 5 are gorgeous!) and I had some of all the In Colors.


Now I can show you samples of all the colors. I will add the In Colors for the coming year when I get those.


I divided each color family with a ribbon and the whole thing is held together with a binder ring. I definitely need a bigger ring! I am trying to find a small package. If you know where I can get one, let me know. This one is about 1" I think.


The front and back are chipboard 4 1/4" square and covered with So Saffron DSP. I used the coordinating side of the paper on the inside. I used the Cropodile to punch the holes. The letters were cut with the BIG GUY and the SU Billboard Die.


I wish it had photographed better. The ring is a little tight and I couldn't fan the pages out the way I wanted.

I don't do much with scrapbooks, but I guess this really qualifies since I used a lot of scraps to make it, LOL.


Isn't it great that tomorrow is Friday? I hope it is a great day for you.

Bonnie

No comments: