Friday, July 16, 2010

Christmas in July

Hello Stampin' Folks. Here is card for the SCS Sketch Challenge this week.

I had been using the Wild Wasabi & Cherry Cobbler for the color challenge and wondered how they would work for a Christmas card. I stamped one of the ornaments from the Tree Trimmings set in Cherry Cobbler, then clear embossed it. It needed something behind it, so I pulled out my Autumn Days set and inked the pine branch with markers. I stamped several times on the 1 3/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Naturals White. The ornament is attached with dimensionals.

The 2 5/8" x 4" piece of Wild Wasabi was stamped with the same pine branch using the Wild Wasabi ink.

The Merry Christmas is from A Cardinal Christmas and stamped with Cherry Cobbler.

All pieces are matted with Cherry Cobbler on a Naturals White 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.

I like these colors together and will use them again for Christmas cards.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Tree Trimmings, Autumn Days, A Cardinal Christmas
Paper: Naturals White, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler
Acc.: Chocolate Chip & Wild Wasabi SU Markers, Rhinestone, Dimensionals

I really like these colors together for Christmas cards. Bet you'll be seeing these colors a lot!

Happy Stampin',
Bonnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous colours for Christmas, Bonnie, and the SCS sketch is such a great one for the image you used. I love this card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is really pretty, Bonnie. You have some wonderful ideas!