Friday, July 30, 2010

Side Swiped!

No, I didn't have an automobile accident. Today's Free for All on SCS is to do a side swipe.

This is salvaged from some discarded pieces the other day.

For the side treatment, I punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch and attached a piece of Whisper White that I embossed with the Whacked Embossing Folder. You can find a link to the whacking here. I punched the other side of the Whisper White, that overlaps on the inside, with the Scallop Trim punch too. It gives it a more finished look instead of looking like an afterthought. If you notice that the end scallops are missing, it's because the top one tore off so I had to trim the other side to match. I thought maybe it would become a new style! LOL! I always wanted to be a style setter!

The stamp was inked with SU Markers and stamped on scrap pieces. I like doing a little bit more of the branch in the corners and I embossed the corners of the sentiment piece too. I used the Clearlit Rectangle with the BIG GUY to create the mat out of Daffodil Delight. The ribbon is Bashful Blue Taffeta.

This is a card that can be mailed without any extra postage. I like that. I had a card returned in one of the clear envelopes last week needing extra postage. I've been sending cards in those envelopes for a long time. Maybe the machines are getting more sensitive!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments
Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede SU Markers
Acc.: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Big Shot, Whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder, Clearlit, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon

Are you guys as glad that it's Friday as I am? Seems like it's been a long week that went by fast. Does that make any sense? I get to stamp with friends tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend and I hope you get time to stamp.
Bonnie

No comments: