Monday, August 23, 2010

Vintage Silhouette Punches

Hello again stampin' friends. I really pulled out the stamp sets for this one. It's for the CAS challenge this week to use Crumb Cake (or Kraft), Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White.

I love using Whisper White ink on Crumb Cake so I stamped the little filigree from Vintage Vogue randomly all over the card front.


Then, since I already had the Silhouette Sentiments set out, I used the tip of the branch (without the bird) and stamped Crumb Cake on a piece of 1 1/4" x 4 1/4" Whisper White. I used a marker to ink the stamp. It gives better control when you want to stamp a portion and not the whole thing. I punched the end of this piece and wrapped a piece of Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon around the edge.


I just got the Perfect Punches set and I LOVE IT! I can see that I am going to use it lots. I stamped it with Turquoise ink and punched it out. I put a little brad on there to add a little extra interest, then cut another oval just a tad bigger with the Ovals die from a scrap of TT cardstock to put behind.

I think this could be used for a guy card. What do you think?


Card Recipe
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Silhouette Sentiments, Perfect Punches
Ink: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Acc.: Scallop Trim Border & Extra Large Oval Punches, Big Shot, Ovals die, Brad, Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon


Go on over to SCS and try this challenge out. It's a lot of fun to play along.


Thanks for all your wonderful comments both here and at SCS. Y'all really make me feel good.
Bonnie

No comments: