Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Window Garden

I did this card today for yesterday's CAS challenge to use a layout by resqbarbie and for today's Color Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
Betty chose all In Colors this week, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, & Pear Pizzazz. Have I said before that I love these colors? Dessert is to use string.

The Pocket Silhouette stamp set seemed perfect for these Fall colors. I stamped the flowers on a 3 1/8" square of Very Vanilla using all the colors. I tried to visualize it as a garden scene through a window. Judging from the angle it must be a basement window! Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a view like this?

After stamping, I cut the piece into 1 1/2" squares and adhered them to a 3 1/4" piece of Concord Crush.

The butterfly somehow got in the house and is trying to find his way out to the flowers! Did you notice the string body and antennae? It doesn't show up very well in this picture.

My first attempt at these squares are going to make a set of notecards. I need to go put them together.

Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Short & Sweet
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Concord Crush
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Concord Crush
Acc.: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Word Window Punch, Linen Thread

Now over to SCS to post and look at all the wonderful inspiration in the galleries.

Hope this inspires you a bit.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

Bonnie--this is gorgeous! I love how you made this into a window view of a garden. Great interpretation!! Super use of these pretty in colors, too. I love what I see!! And your idea to use string as the body of your butterfly was inspired. Nice work :)