Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Autumn Leaf Thanks


Today has been such a busy day!  I am madly trying to get ready for the Stamp Stack on Saturday and haven't had a minute to make a card today.  So I am going to share a card that I made a while back.


Again, it is made with some retired stuff.  The stamp set, Autumn Leaf Prints, has been retired for years.  The new French Foliage, in the Holiday Mini, is so similar except that it has an awesome script stamp and a couple of different leaves.  I really wanted to buy it, but I'm trying to be thrifty and decided I would have to wait on this one.  So I keep pulling out the old set.  That's one advantage of Stampin' Up! stamps.  They last and last!

I CASEd this card from Bar on SCS.  I used a different leaf, different colors (the Dusty Durango is also retired), used the Sanded stamp on the background and a different sentiment.

I think it will make a great Thanksgiving card or just a special Autumn thank you.

Back to cutting.  I'm also listening to a Jodi Picoult book, Handle with Care.  I love that I can multi task with "reading" a book while cutting out cards.  Two of my favorite things.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Autumn Leaf Prints, Happy Harmony, Sanded
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede
Paper:  Dusty Durango, Whisper White
Accessories:  Dusty Durango Polka Dot Ribbon

Such a quick and easy card and I think one of my favorite layouts.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return soon.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

That is an awesome leaf stamp, Bonnie!! I love how autumn-y dusty durango looks on your card. A beautiful CAS layout--simple but lovely. Good for you for multi-tasking with your audio book while cutting!! Sounds like a great plan :)