Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shimmering Angel


Today's card is from the Holy Triptych set that was retired in June.  I was so sad to see it taken from the catalog and I'm just not ready to let it go or pack it away.


When I saw the technique challenge on SCS yesterday, I imediately thought of this set.   You can link to SCS and then to the tutorial here.

My background doesn't look right to me.  I put the ink on the clear block, but it didn't take the ink well.  I liked it anyway so decided to go with it.

After coloring the angel with Watercolor Pencils, I daubed some Frost White Shimmer paint on the cleaned block and spritzed with water.  I dipped my Aquapainter in that mix and painted the angel, blending the coloring as I went.  I has a nice shimmer, but it didn't show up in the photo.  Maybe if you click on the photo it will enlarge it enough to see the shimmer.

I had been saving this ribbon for years.  My Upline wrapped some Christmas presents from my Hubby one year.  She told me to save it because it was Stampin' Up!  I would have saved it anyway because it is beautiful and makes such a pretty bow! 

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holy Triptych
Ink:  Black StazOn, Baja Breeze
Paper:  More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Watercolor Pencils, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Aquabrush, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Gold Organdy Ribbon

If I can get my table cleaned up from the class today, I'll try to do something besides a Christmas card.  The colors for todays Color Challenge are intriguing.  My table is pretty full though!

Hope today was a good one for you and that you have been able to enjoy your blessings.
Bonnie

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Gorgeous! Love the angel and that ribbon. Funny about keeping it from a package - I save ribbon like that all the time. You never know when it might be the perfect fit to a creation. :)

Emily Keaton said...

What a LOVELY angel, Bonnie!! I love the colors you used for this--so regal. A gorgeous but simple layout, too. So glad you saved that SU ribbon from that Christmas gift--it was perfect for this card!! Way to recycle :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! That image is beautiful and elegant and I love the way you've coloured her. That ribbon is stunning too x