Thursday, December 9, 2010

Poppy Red Cardinal


One day I saw a Cardinal in the back yard and I thought "Poppy Red".


I had stamped this Cardinal and tried to watercolor it.  I didn't do a very good job!

Stamping it with Basic Black on Poppy Red was a big improvement!

I've seen some of these Cardinals watercolored and I wish I could do that well.  Until then, I'll take the short cut.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  A Cardinal Christmas
Ink:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Soft Suede & Cherry Cobbler SU Markers
Paper:  Poppy Red, Naturals White, Garden Green
Accessories:  Ticket Corner & Modern Label Punches, Big Shot, Movers & Shapers, Watercolor  Pencil (for beak), White Gel Pen (for eye)

Enjoy,
Bonnie

4 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

What a stunning card, Bonnie!! This CAS layout is terrific and your cardinal is so regal. Nice work :)

Cynthia said...

I think you did a GREAT job on your cardinal! I love how the green frames him. Just beautiful!

Doris said...

Your short cut is nothing "short" of spectacular! I've always loved that stamp and wish I had purchased it.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Perfect shortcut, by stamping the bird on red. It really looks very appropriate! I don't think I could've colored a bird too well, either.