Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bookmark Card

While playing with Poppy Parade  in the last week, I made a bookmark using the Punch Potpourri heart and the Scalloped Heart of Heart embosslit.



I love to read and most of my friends and family also love to read.  I love being able to pass along or use a new bookmark.

A few weeks ago, on SCS there was a Technique challenge to make a bookmark using ribbon.  I didn't have time to do one then, but when I saw these heart pieces sitting on my table, I knew just what to do with them.

Attaching the bookmark to a card posed a challenge.  I ended up just tying the ribbon around the front of the card.  I will need to hand it to someone rather than mail it, but I really don't mind that.

Oh, and the flowers were colored by using a blender pen and some Poppy Parade ink.

I'm going to enter this in the Stampin' Bs #93 challenge to use a die cut.  There are a lot of awesome cards over there!  Pop on over and take a look.

Card Recipe

Stamps: Punch Potpourri
Ink: Poppy Parade
Paper: Whisper White
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet EF, Scalloped Heart of Heart Embosslit, Poppy Parade Ribbon

Enjoy,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I'm so excited to see you join the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week. Good for you!! I love your bookmark card and I have the Elegant Bouquet EF. I think it is just gorgeous. What a nice card/bookmark you've made for someone and it is sure to be appreciated.

Emily Keaton said...

Hi Bonnie! What a terrific project--I love that pretty bookmark you made. :) Thanks so much for joining the StampinBs this week for our die cut challenge!!