Friday, January 14, 2011

Emboss, Emboss, Emboss

I love Cherry Cobbler! The edible kind yes, but the SU color is so rich and well, red.  Deep, delicious red. And I think it compliments this design piece that I found in my UFO box.


This flower was from a Stamp Stack a few months ago and though it wasn't a perfect stamping, it held possiblilty.

I touched up the flower a bit with a blender pen & ink and then embossed it with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to hide the rest of the imperfections.

I used the sketch challenge from SCS this week for the layout.



I stamped the #1 panel with En Francais background stamp in Cherry Cobbler.  The #3 panel is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.  It was a scrap piece and a perfect fit!  And the #2 panel is embossed with my whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder.

Having 3 Embossed panels qualifies it for the Free For All Challenge, also at SCS to use at least 2 embossing folders for texture.

I love it when I can use up some of my leftovers that are taking up far too much space!  Trouble is that I keep adding to the pile at a higher rate than I use.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Apple Blossoms (Level 2 Hostess set), En Francais
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories:  Vintage Wallpaper, Square Lattice, Whacked Finial Press EFs, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Basic Pearl

Enjoy,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello from a new fan! I am really enjoying your cards, and today I'm especially excited about how you embossed your image! I just used that ef for the first time recently, but never thought of embossing an image w/ it! And cherry cobbler seam binding? Am I living under a rock?! LOL Thanks for sharing all of your creations..you just never know what will inspire a fellow stamper! :)

Benzi said...

I am with you on the Cherry Cobbler. I dearly love it and I only have scraps left. I have to place an order....NOW! Your flower is just so sweet and pretty. I love your Cherry Cobbler seam binding, too.