Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sweet Summer Birthday Banner


This was a fun card to make.  I'm really enjoying the Sale-a-bration set, Sweet Summer.  And to think, I almost didn't order it!  Just goes to show you that first impressions aren't always correct!


The layout is from clean&simple


The beautiful colors are from the Color Challenge this week at SCS, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery and Rose Red.  Dessert is a banner.

I cut the 1/2" banner from a scrap piece, cut the ends, inked the edges and folded a bit on the ends with my thumbnail.  The birthday wishes is from another Sale-a-bration set, So Happy for You.  I love the fun font of these sentiments!

Remember those Sale-a-bration sets are free with a $50.00 Stampin' Up! purchase and will only be available until March 31.  Let me know if you want to order or go to my sidebar and order from my website.  (Make sure it is the bon2stamp website.  Name in the top right hand corner.)

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sweet Summer, So Happy for You
Ink:  Black StazOn, SU Markers (Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist)
Paper:  Whisper White, Marina Mist
Accessories:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Ovals die, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Certainly Celery & Marina Mist Ribbon, Signo White Gel Pen, Blender Pen

I meant to put a pearl in the center of the flower.  I think I will do that before I send it out.  Imagine it with a pearl center, ok?

Thanks for the visit.  Enjoy!
Bonnie

6 comments:

Paula Stewart said...

WOW, I just LOVE this!! :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Very pretty! I think the pearl center would be the perfect final touch. :)

Emily Keaton said...

Ooo! So pretty, Bonnie. I'm going to have to take a second look at that set myself. You are so right about first impressions!

Benzi said...

Love it, Bonnie! Sweet image and a pretty embossing folder. O.K., I'll imagine there a pearl in the center. ha It really will be a nice addition.

Carol said...

What a pretty, springy card! I really must remember to pull out my embossing folders more...they add so much to a card.

Lexxie said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, I love the border punch and the flower is fantastic, with or without the pearl!
Love Sarita xx