Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hollyhock Mambo

I think it was last week or maybe the week before I did a card with a garden of hollyhocks.  This design piece was still laying on my table and it seemed perfect for a tall, skinny card!  And that was the CAS challenge this week on SCS.


Or is this a gladiolus?  Hmm...maybe I need to get my flower book out and check!

I stamped the image with Black StazOn painted with ink and a blender pen.   The card is   3 1/4" x 6 1/4" and fits in the SU open end envelope.  I'm not sure why one of the rhinestones doesn't shine like the rest.  Maybe I need to replace that before I send it out!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fast and Fabulous, Short and Sweet
Ink:  Black StazOn, Melon Mambo, Garden Green
Paper:  Whisper White, Scraps of Watercolor, Melon Mambo & Basic Black
Accessories:  Blender Pen, White Gel Pen, Ticket Corner Punch, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping in to visit.  I've been enjoying your comments.

Enjoy!


6 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

A gorgeous, summery card Bonnie! This is such a beautiful hostess set - and I just haven't used it enough!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hmmm, I think it might be a gladiolus, now that you mention it! Whatever we shall call it, I call it a beautiful use of something already laying on your desk, and clever to make it fit a challenge!

Benzi said...

So beautiful, Bonnie! Good job watercoloring and I really like the color used. It's a very pretty tall card. A dud rhinestone? LOL

Shirley said...

Gorgeous image and a simply elegant!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this so bright and "clean"

G Peplow said...

WOWZERS this one's a stunner, fabulous colour, Gay xxx