Monday, November 7, 2011

Hot Colors

Hi Stamping Friends.  I finally got some stamping time over the weekend, so I can share some cards with you.  Yay!!!   I love to stamp!

All of these are for the Less is More challenge...

Our first week of the month is another Colour challenge and redolent of bonfire flames we have chosen

Red and Orange
The first card is something I've wanted to do for a while and these colors were perfect for it.  I first stamped the flowers from the Upsy Daisy set with River Rock ink.   I used the little cluster of leaves from the Just Believe set to add some foliage by inking just a bit of the stamp.  Then I used my Tangerine Tango and Real Red markers to color the flowers. Sponging around the flowers added some depth to the design.  I also sponged a bit of Whisper White over it all and it gave it a misty look.
It has a narrow mat of Tangerine Tango on a whisper White card and a sentiment stamped in red.


On this next card, I stamped the flower from the Faith in Nature set with Timber Brown StazOn after stamping off on scrap paper.  I brushed ink from the Tangerine Tango and Cherry Red markers on an acrylic block and applied it to the flower with a blender pen.  I really did use Tangerine but in this picture the flower took on a rosy look.

I used Tangerine Tango and Cherry Cobbler to mat it and mounted it on some Whisper White embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  Fancy corners were done with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch and a scrap of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding fit behind the design.


This last is a bookmark from a Show and Tell at the Newcomers Meeting last week.  I was asked to show what we did in our Papercrafting group and had bookmarks for people to stamp so they could see how fun it is.  We used Dusty Durango and Kiwi Kiss for the stamping.  After the meeting I added the Cherry Cobbler piece to the back.  It was just sitting there begging to be added to this challenge.

Well, it's taken me almost 5 hours to do this post.  Hopefully I can find some time to get a post in again tomorrow.  I have quite a few cards to share if I can get some time at the computer to edit photos and blog.

By the way, Chrissie and Mandi, I love orange and red together.  Thanks so much for the challenge.

And thank you for visiting my blog.  Your comments mean so much in my busy life.  As much as I love those little boys, it's nice to have a few words from you ladies to brighten my day.

Enjoy!
 





19 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Kim S said...

I love all of them but I am absolutely fascinated with the scene you have created with Upsy Daisy. I have never seen it done so beautifully!

Cynthia said...

Ooooo, I LOVE your creations!! The red and orange duos are just gorgeous!!

Benzi said...

Wow! Bonnie, I really love that first card....actually both are great and the bookmark is, too. But, there's something about The Upsy Daisy in those colors that is just awesome. BTW, I love those colors together, too. Who would have thought?

Emily Keaton said...

Gosh, Bonnie, these are STUNNING!! The red and orange look fabulous together (I like that combo, too!)

Chrissie said...

What fabulous work Bonnie!
These are all superb.. I can see what fun you had making them all, you must feel extremely satisfied at the results of your labours!
Super job!
Thanks so much!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bev J. said...

Upsy Daisy is one of my fav sets-you created a pretty card. Like the tag with the leaves. tfs

Aileen said...

Lovely cards and bookmark. I really like your daisy scene. x

Autumn Mist said...

Goodness these are all so stunning, I don't know which ones I like best! Such an inspiration, thanks so much!

Suzilou said...

What a great selection of creations, love the bookmark and both of your cards :)

Colleen said...

Beautiful job, Bonnie! Makes me want to re-visit "Upsy Daisy".
Hugs.

Carole Campanile said...

Three wonderful creations Bonnie. I absolutely love your stamping and coloring on the first card. Really lovely.
Carole

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I take #1 please. All three are beautiful, but the first has my heart. Great job.

Vicky Hayes said...

These are all beautiful Bonnie but the first is inspired!

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful cards and bookmark, Bonnie. I love the color around the flowers on the first one. :) Ann Y.

Jenny said...

Really pretty cards and bookmark Bonnie, love the technique you used for the first...the floral scene is gorgeous :)
Jenny x

Susan said...

Bonnie, that card is just gorgeous! I LOVE that flower stamp and keep thinking I'll get it...but unfortunately I'm watching my crafting pennies right now! :(

The book mark is awesome!! I read on a Kindle now and sometimes I miss having a "real" book in my hands and using some of the cute bookmarks I've had!
Great work this week!

Sally H said...

Wow, Bonnie! All three are stunning! I love the first one particularly!

Tracey said...

WOW all stunning, especially the first scene, beautiful. Very inspirational. Tracey x