Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cupcakes for Mrs. H.

One of Luke's beloved teachers just had a birthday and we needed a special card.

It was inspired be this card by jaydekay.  It's not as pretty as hers, but it did the trick.  Jaydekay, aka Judy, was named Queen for the Day last Friday.  It was so much fun to browse her gallery.

I should have done a closeup of the cupcakes. I used Shimmer Paint tinted with re-inkers to do the icing.  It gives it a nice shimmery look like real icing.  The white icing looks pretty gray in this picture.  I'm glad it didn't look that way IRL.

All supplies Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Crazy for Cupcakes, So Happy for You
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Cherry Cobbler, SU Markers (More Mustard, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Rose Red)
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Frost White Shimmer Paint, Re-inkers (Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink), Mini Brads

I'm so glad you stopped in. 

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Tan's Hobbies said...

Those are really cute cupcakes, Bonnie. It's simple, clean and you use really sweet color. Love the sentiment as well =)

Carol said...

Love those cupcakes, Bonnie! Super adorable card!

Lisa A. said...

Oh too "sweet" Bonnie!! I love how you made the sentiment/banner pop out...love added dimension and your cupcakes are yummy looking:)!!

Aileen said...

Pretty card. Love the different icings on the cakes and your sentiment treatment. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is lovely Bonnie, and I think the sentment shaped like that is great. Teacher is going to love this.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, you have inspired me to pull this set out again! It is one of my SU favorites~

Benzi said...

Adorable card, Bonnie! I'm sure Luke's teacher will be very pleased to receive it. Does she get a 'real' cupcake to eat, too? LOL

Colleen said...

Adorable card, Bonnie! I love the banner sentiment and scrumptious looking cupcakes!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great way to use that cupcake stamp, Bonnie! I have this one, but have NEVER inked it up. SHame on me.