Friday, January 6, 2012

Tagtastic Snowflake

After a couple of really cold days, we've warmed up to Springlike weather again.

I'm still hoping for some snow this winter.
  

This card is a little more than less.  I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but when I saw the SUO Challenge to use punches, this seemed like it should be shared.

I broke out my Tagtastic stamp set and used the THANKS image stamped with Whisper White Craft ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I sponged Baja Breeze around the stamped image and punched it out with my 1 3/4" Circle Punch. 

The snowflake was cut with a Sizzlit Snowflake die from Whisper White cardstock adhered to some Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds.  I cut it apart and adhered it to a Scallop Circle (also punched). Each scallop was punched with my 1/16" Circle Punch. 

The snowflake/sentiment piece is attached with dimensionals. All that sits on a square of Baja Breeze with all four corners punched with the Scallop Trim Corner punch. and a scrap of Whisper White Satin ribbon woven through.

I used the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing folder to mimic a snowstorm.  And that's layered onto a piece of Baja Breeze then on a white card.


You can see the sparkle a bit better here.

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  Tagtastic
Ink:  Whisper White
Paper:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Other:  White EP, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Sizzlit Snowflake die, Adhesive Sheet, Dazzling Diamonds, Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Scallop Trim Corner, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, 1 3/4" Circle, & 1/16" Circle Punches

I do love my punches!  When I checked earlier this evening, I saw that there are still some of the old style punches on the Clearance Rack.  You can find the link on my sidebar.

Sorry I haven't posted much this week.  The boys took turns being sick.  Both were fine today.  Luke was excited to go back to Preschool and wanted all of us to go in with him.  Most of the time he wants us to stay in the car!  Jack tried his best to eat some teething keys.  When he gets teeth, he's going to be dangerous!

I'm so glad you stopped by.  I hope you come again soon.

Enjoy!
 

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

That Baja Breeze is gorgeous with the snowflakes! And I love the snowstorm with the polka dots! That's pretty ingenious! :-)

I became one of your followers officially, instead of just adding your blog's URL to my blog list. Does that help on your side?? I can't get to the message you sent though. :-( Still trying!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm sorry to hear the boys were sick. It's always such a bummer when the little ones don't feel good.

I want snow too! I'm actually dismayed at this spring like weather we're having.

Love your frosty card though! I think it's very pretty, with the aqua accents.

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty! Maybe your lovely snowflake will inspire some real snow! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Fabulous card, bet it "feels" lovely too with the texture.

Heidi Baks said...

A perfect January thanks card, with blues and the snowflake! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

Carol said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! Baja Breeze is such a refreshing color!

Benzi said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie. I love the colors. Great job on this beauty.
Stay in the car, huh? That's too funny. Kids are so cute.