Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lovely Springtime Colors

I almost ran out of time to post these cards for the ColorQ challenge last week.  I just had to make some cards with these beautiful, soft, Spring colors.  Want to see?


These are the colors that Arielle chose.  Aren't they sweet?


This Sale-a-bration set didn't get used anywhere near enough so it's not going to get put too far back yet.  I colored it with markers and used my favorite Square Lattice Embossing Folder and a craft frame to emboss a frame around it.

Since it's one layer, and it doesn't have a sentiment on the front, I can send it to Susan's One Layer Wednesday challenge too.

And while I had the stamps and markers out, I did another bookmark card.


The bookmark has magnets in it so it can keep your place right to the line.  I need to make some more of these for gifts.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Fresh Vintage
Ink:  SU Markers (Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Square Lattice EF, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, thin wood craft frame (non SU)


Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Fresh Vintage, Loving Thoughts
Ink:  SU Markers (Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz)
Paper:  Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz
Other:  Stripes EF, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Scallop Circle Nesties, Magnetic Snaps (non SU)


I hope you've had a wonderful Easter.  We had an eggciting exciting day here with all five of the grandchildren.  I think they found all the eggs.  They sure had enough sugar!  My, oh my!  It's blissfully quiet now.  Maybe I can even get to my craft room for a few minutes after I call my Dad.

Thanks for stopping by.  I sure do enjoy your visits.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

These are great Bonnie! Love the way you framed out the image on the first card around the embossing. So pretty!
Lynn

Sanketi said...

Lovely!

Sylvia said...

Both cards are beautiful Bonnie, I love the simple flower on the first and the bookmark on the second! I do love the Sale-A-Bration set as well! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Unknown said...

Bonnie these are beautiful. I love the stamp you used. It fits perfect inside the square. Great CAS card. Thank you for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Victoria said...

What a beautiful couple of cards! The lattice embossing folder really is stunning, I think and it works so well with Fresh Vintage. Glad you had a lovely Easter!

Autumn Mist said...

Such beautiful creations, Bonnie. I am still so in love with this stamp set! Gorgeous colour combination, I love the ColourQ challenge, it fascinates me!

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely stunning! LOVE the use of the embossing folder on the first one--really must learn how to do that!!! Gorgeous creations! :)

Benzi said...

Beautiful cards and bookmark, Bonnie. I do love those colors from the Color Q challenge. They're awesome.

Too much sugar and kids...yep, that can be a bad mix. LOL

Tan's Hobbies said...

Your creations are awesome, Bonnie!! Love the stamps so much. The coloring are perfectly done.

G Peplow said...

Beautiful spring colours, wonderful work, love them all! Gay xxx

Doris said...

One layer cards are such a challenge, but you've certainly made this one interesting!