Monday, April 9, 2012

Non Silhouette Silhouette

I know that silhouette stamps are all the rage and I love the simple black (or dark) images.  But sometimes I look at them and wonder, "what would this look like if it wasn't a silhouette"?  So I took out my markers and gave it a try.


And I didn't ink up the heart outline.  Do you recognize the stamp?
Here's a close up.


I'm not sure I like it that much better than the silhouette, but I tried it and I'm happy with the results.

If you're interested, I used this technique on the Easter Blossoms little girl last year.  You can see the results here and here.

The Less is More challenge this week is to use Three Shades of Green.  


I used Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, and Certainly Celery.  I used some other colors too so I'm not sure this is what they want.  The sky is Pool Party which is a greenish blue (aqua) and the brown is Soft Suede which I always thought was greenish brown.

The CAS challenge at SCS today is to use Scallops.  I haven't been able to play there for quite a while so I'm excited to be able to send a card to my friends there.

I'm really loving my scallop circle nesties.   I've already used them more than all the other nesties I have put together.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Take it to Heart, Live, Laugh, Love
Ink:  SU Markers (Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Certainly Celery Soft Suede, Poll Party, Basic Gray)
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green
Other:  2 1/2" Circle, Scallop Trim Corner punches, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Scallop Circle Nestie (non SU)


I hope you've had as nice a day as I've had.  I found time to stamp some today and it's not often anymore that I can do that.  I hope you've been able to stamp today too.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Bonnie
Gorgeous work .....Fabby card ...
Hugs sylvie
xxx

Cynthia said...

So cute! I love the colors you used. Very springy and happy!!

Lorraine said...

I like it! Reminds me of the Dick and Jane books.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is so pretty and such a sweet image. I do remember you doing that technique before. Precious card!!

Chrissie said...

Looks like painstaking colouring of your stamp Bonnie and you have achieved a really interesting effect.
This is such a pretty card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Hi Bonnie what a clever idea, great card
Anne
x

Autumn Mist said...

I think this stamp is adorable (we don't have it in England) but I've never seen it used like this, I absolutely love it. We get great results sometimes from thinking 'outside the box', don't we?

Lisa said...

This is one of my favorite stamps to color! I've been experimenting with different colors and DSP, this set is so fun and I love what you did here. Showcasing it in a circle instead of the heart is a great choice!

Victoria said...

Clever stamping and a lovely little summer scene! The lattice EF is the perfect backdrop.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing how and what you used to color your stamp and make this cute card!
Kathleen

Susan said...

I've often wondered how the silhouette stamps would look...not in silhouette...and you've done it beautifully!!

Aileen said...

Super idea Bonnie and the results are great. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fab job coloring those images in a unexpected way! They remind me of Impressionism paintings.

Doris said...

I agree with Colleen. Your technique gives the card such a beautiful soft look.