Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Emboss and Color Poppies

The Queen for the Day challenge over at SCS  is Arizona Maine.  (See previous post for another card CASEing Angela.)  She's one fantastic stamper!  I really loved this card when I saw it.  I don't have this particular stamp although I would love to have it.  A few months back we did this technique at our stamping group in Roanoke Rapids.  I was delighted to be able to use the background poppy stamp that one of the ladies brought, but had never colored it.  I pulled it out and had some fun.


The technique is the same, but this background was embossed with black instead of white and I used warmer colors.

The colors are from the Paper Players challenge this week and they were perfect for this project.


I used Stampin' Up! markers to color the flowers.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Poppies (Hero Arts), Petite Pairs
Ink:  VersaMark, Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Black EP, Stripes EF, Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon (retired), Large Oval Punch


When we were working on the embossing, there was a lot of static in the tables.  Black embossing powder was going everywhere.  I thought I could make a mess with embossing powde!.  Multiply that by 8 and imagine!

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

16 comments:

mab822 said...

Love this card! The colors are great.

Cynthia said...

WOW WOW WOW. That is one gorgeous card, Bonnie!!!!!

jimlynn said...

WHOA!!!! Bonnie, this is breath taking! LOVE those colors and against the black it's simply stunning!!! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Carol said...

Absoltely GORGEOUS! Love this stamp, lover your coloring! Fabulous, Bonnie!

Emily Keaton said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! Those poppies make for the prettiest stamp. Love this1

Colleen said...

Oh my! Jaw dropping gorgeous! The black embossing powder mess was totally worth it =D

Mary Marsh said...

thsi is a beautiful card Bonnie-love the poppy image and your coloring

Victoria said...

Beautiful stamping and colouring... I can only imagine where that embossing powder went!

Susie said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I'd like to know more about how you get that background done. Did you use a Versamark pen? I think I'll try it on a small card.

Maria said...

Gorgeous...gorgeous! Just love this eye popping card! That background and beautiful flowers are stunning! Love it!!!

Susan said...

Stunning!! Gorgeous hot sunny colours!

Benzi said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Bonnie. I love poppies and I remember Angela's card when she did it..awesome.
I've used black embossing powder and had quite a mess so I know where you're coming from. LOL

Mikki said...

Bonnie, this is absolutely amazing!! I love everything you did and the colors are beautiful against the black.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is fabulous! What a striking card....fabulous! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week and sharing your creation with us!

Aileen said...

I just love poppies and I love the drama in your card whilst keeping it warm and fresh.

Aileen x

Mary Crose said...

Hi Bonnie,

After seeing your absolutely beautiful poppies, I tried to find them at Hero Arts, but no luck. I was so taken by your art work. You have a big fan in me!
Mary