Monday, February 4, 2013

Merry Monday Mr. Snowman

It's Merry Monday time again and being the first week of the month, it's a color challenge.



The only thing I could think of that Pumpkin Pie would work for was a snowman.  And I still had a couple of these embossed snowmen in the UFO box.


This time I cut him out and actually amputated his nose and put it on his face different.  Doesn't he look like he's saying "Howdy, Ma'am"!  He's making me smile anyway!

I tore some scraps of typing paper for the snowdrifts and sponged the sky with Marina Mist. His scarf is cut with the Bitty Banners Framelit die and embossed.  The fringe is a scrap of Pumpkin Pie that was just the right width.  I cut it off and snipped one end with snips. 

The band on his hat is a tiny piece of Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon and the eyes and buttons are Basic Pearls colored with a black Sharpie pen.

His arms, hat and nose were colored with markers.  The mouth is drawn with a pencil.  I didn't trust myself to do it with a marker.

Dazzling Details on the edges of the "snowdrifts" and around Mr. Snowman finish off the scene.

I was delighted to see what the other Merry Makers had done with these colors.  Check them out then get out your inks and give it a try.  We'd love to see your card at Merry Monday.


Other Challenges:

The Christmas Card February Challenge at SCS is to do Christmas cards that depict some sort of Winter exercise.  Last week Vixen was doing some weight lifting.  This week Mr. Snowman is doing hat lifts.  Great arm exercises!

The Ways to Use it Challenge also at SCS wants to create a gallery of snowmen sending warm thoughts. 

Jingle Belles is doing Ho Ho H2O create a holiday card which features icicles, snow, frozen ponds, or any water-related imageOR use water-based products on your project, such as watercolor paints, water-based markers or sprays, etc.

I'm so glad you could stop by.  Special message for Charlotte. The embossing folder you asked about is a Sizzix folder.  You didn't leave me a way to get in touch with you.

Enjoy!





25 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hat lifts. Bonnie, you crack me up!! =D I love LOVE your snowman! He's adorable with that expression!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, an amputated nose? Oh, no. :-)
Well, how cute he is and I love how you did that scarf and fringe..so creative. LOVE your card!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Bonnie, the way you changed up this snowman die is brilliant!!! Very clever and your card is so cheery!!

jimlynn said...

Way too cute - and those colors!!! WOW! I would have never thought of those colors for Christmas - but it sure works on this cute snowman!
Lynn

lauren bergold said...

what a totally "cool" (sorry!!!) and completely adorable card! and YES, that very handsome snowman TOTALLY looks like he is saying, "howdy ma'am" and of course one wants to answer him cheerfully!!! :) :) :) thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun... and bringing your frosty friend! ♥

Marisa said...

Your embossed snowman and scarf are great! Darling card :)

Kristie Goulet said...

He's quite cute Bonnie! Great job with this color challenge. I admit these colors were tough for me but I am happy with my result and yours!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is fantastic Bonnie, Your smiling snowman is wonderful. I love the added sparkle.

LeAnne said...

Love your cheerful snowman! He's such a happy soul!

Unknown said...

This is darling! I love your friendly snowman! What a wonderful way to create a scarf using the framelit and embossing folder, and I love those pretty snowdrifts. Such a cheerful, snowy card!

scrappymo! said...

This is just lovely. I liked the snowflakes embossed on this tummy and the little scarf!

Marybeth said...

Not sure how you came up with snowman for pumpkin ,lol ...but it worked . It's adorable,Bonnie!

Wendy said...

You did a fabulous job with these colors, Bonnie! I mumbled under my breathe for atleast 2 hours and consulted with Shawn quite a few times! LOL I almost gave up! Love your adorable snowman and the scene you created with the sponged sky and snowy hills. Love it!!
Have a great week! :)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Great snowman ! The snowflake embossed body is such a super idea and love the gitter on the snow. Beautiful card !

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous little snowman scene ... I love the layers on his scarf ... he does indeed have that howdy ma'am look ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Hi Bonnie,
how pretty snowman,
love your winter card.
Hugs Tamara

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

It made me smile too .. .. although I was struggling to work out why the cute snowman looked so different. Then I read your post and you had "chopped his nose off!!". Ouch!!!

I certainly brings a different look to him and I love the embossing you have added.

Hope you have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Aileen said...

You've done a brilliant job on your snowman. I love the scarf and ribbon round his hat. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yes he certainly is saying hello, a fab card Bonnie

Kay Miller said...

This is so darn cute Bonnie!! Love your little snowman and the glittered snow!

Marie Bingaman said...

So very cute Bonnie! :)

Margaret Moody said...

Your card is just too cute, Bonnie! LOVE your snowman! The embossed scarf looks so real and I love the snowflake embossing on his body too! He really does look like he's saying, "Howdy, Ma'am!"

Lesley said...

I love him Bonnie, he is cheerful and adorable!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is perfect Bonnie - love how you've used these tricky challenge colours! Your sponging is gorgeous and I love the glittery snow caps. Your snowman is just so cute and the banner scarf is soooo clever! Gorgeous card!

Barbara said...

Such a happy card! I particularly like the embossing on the snowman.