Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Making Lemonade

I found this delightful stamp on a clearance rack and snapped it up.  When I tried stamping with it yesterday, I had a bit of trouble getting a good inking on the cardstock.  So I colored what was good and cut it down.  I'm going to say it gives it an artsy look.  Maybe....


I planned to use the Seize the Birthday sketch and had to rethink how to do that.  But I think I'm still pretty close.  Here's the sketch.  What do you think?


As you can probably tell by the pink, this week we're doing cards for the gals.

There's a prize for the winner.  I sure would love those butterflies!

And a new challenge to me anyway is CAS on Sunday.  This is their 3rd week. The challenge this week is Happy Birthday!  There's a prize at this challenge too.

Have you noticed that there's a lot of CAS challenges now?  I love it!  Just wish I had more time to keep up with them all.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Garden Poems (Penny Black), Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Chocolate Chip, SU Markers (Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive)
Paper:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Other:  Simple Scored, Square Lattice EF, Blender Pen, White Gel Pen

I did get a better stamping with this stamp.   You'll see that later this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll come back soon.

Enjoy!




24 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

I love the look of this artsy happy birthday card, Bonnie! I like how you turned the sentiment on its side to match the length of the flower – cool!

Marisa said...

Love the partial image, Bonnie! Black eyed susans are such wonderful flowers. Love the scored outline and the embossed panel you added too. Well done!

Cynthia said...

Definitely artsy--but I love LOVE it!!

PS: Have you tried lightly sanding the stamp to get a better image? Sometimes there's a weird coating on the rubber that doesn't allow the ink to stick. I sand stamps a lot when I have that problem. Hope that helps--it's such a beautiful stamp!

jimlynn said...

Very artsy - and very pretty! Love your take on the sketch too! Beautiful card.
Lynn

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Great find of that fabulous stamp ! I love the embossing on your beautiful & elegant design. Hope you are having a great day, Shirleyx

Irene said...

A beautiful card Bonnie, the image in the embossed square is stunning
and beautifully coloured. I love the addition of the horizontal sentiment.
luv
irene
xxxx

Irene said...

Hello Bonnie

Sorry I should have said a vertical sentiment.
luv
irene
xxxx

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful!

Loll said...

Sweet image and I love the way you've framed it with score lines. Definitely artsy!! :) Loll xx

~Tammy~ said...

Your artsy card turned out fabulous! Love the black framing! Really makes it pop!

Rose said...

this is so pretty :)
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Kay Miller said...

I just love seeing your cards Bonnie! Love the long tall flower and the embossing around the image!! So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this Bonnie! Very pretty!

Marybeth said...

What do I think? I think its gorgeous! What a great find and for a good price. Love this and as always colored to perfection.

MaryH said...

Absolutely LOVE your save on this one! My stamp press comes in so handy when I get a stamp that won't stamp well (usually OE - not the stamp!). This card is just delightful. TFS

Narelle Farrugia said...

Another beauty Bonnie - such a classy flower!

Aileen said...

Yep I'd say a very arty look. It looks fab. x

Donna E. said...

Really like this card...the vertical sentiment, the black behind the white and the embossed rectangle framing the flower. Great card!

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful...I love the partial image!

Phleurdillee said...

You absolutely succeeded with your Artsy impression! I LOVE THIS LAYOUT! I love this card! Thanks!!!

Unknown said...

Bonnie, I LOVE the lemonade you made! I think I might trim some images on purpose - love the effect! TFS. Happy Easter to you and yours. :)

Kathie said...

I love the Hero Arts sentiment. Do you know the name of the set it came from?

Beautiful card. You have a great eye!

MaryH said...

It's a lovely sunflower & you made lemonade from lemons on this one, fer sure! Love this arty look, and like it even more knowing it was a 'bargain'. Delightful summer feel to this one, Miz B. TFS & Hugs

Gramma Sarah said...

Wow Bonnie, love the cut down look. And the whole frame look.