Friday, July 26, 2013

Something Fishy

The Featured Stamper at SCS this week is Heather (aka housebuiltofcards).  I saw so many wonderful cards to inspire.  I ended up choosing this card to CASE.  Here's my interpretation....


I had this fish in my UFO box.  It was a leftover from a botched stamping attempt for a Stamp Stack card.  I cut off the deformed fish and this is the image I was left with.

The design piece was sponged with Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and some Island Indigo around the edges and the bottom.  The coral and fish were stamped with Midnight Muse and the bubbles with Pool Party. I distressed the edges a little with my fingernail to give it a little more natural look.

Some snippets from the blue bag made a nice color blocked background.

I'm skipping over to Pixie's Playground with my fish and snippets. I don't think the fish will mind the water guns.

Seize the Birthday is having an Anything Goes Linky Party this month.  Wow, what a lot of inspiration in that gallery!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  By the Tide, French Foliage (retired), Wow Birthday (retired)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse
Paper:  Naturals White, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Other:  Stampin' Sponges, Word Window Punch

My hubby and I went to VT for a few days to visit with my Dad.  It's so beautiful there! We stayed at a lovely inn in Bennington and spent some time sightseeing as well as visiting.  We were able to have a picnic on Sunday with nearly 30 of Dad's children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and great, great grandchildren.  What a wonderful time! 



It's so good to be home again.

And sleep on my own pillow.

And be able to access a computer.

And get creative.

I love to go, but love to come home.

Thanks so much for coming by to visit.

Enjoy!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card-i love the colours-and your stamping is fabulous-i do hope you won't mind me asking,i have noticed your refer to your UFO box-and i am curious now,is it where you keep all your stamping bloopers?(blimey i would need BIG box LOL!)-but what a fabby idea if it is :)You can always reuse bits can't you?
Im glad you had a lovely time visiting with your Dad-my Mom always said after going on her travels it was lovely to go away-but lovely to come home,amd it is very true :)
Hve a lovely weekend,
Nessa xxx

Laura said...

What a Lovely card, Bonnie!! I just love that stamp set. Hopefully soon it will be in one of my orders.

And you have a Beautiful Family!! Glad to hear you had a Great time and your home Safe!!

Sue - said...

Lovely card Bonnie. I thought Bennington was a lovely place when we had a brief visit there in 2010. In fact I liked all of Vermont that we saw.

Benzi said...

I love your beautiful card, Bonnie. I would love to get in your UFO box because it really seems to have some wonderful things in there. :-)

How grand that you and so many relatives got to visit your Dad at the same time. I know it was a very special time.

Cathy said...

Hi Bonnie, I love this card, the fish image looks fantastic, so detailed. I like how they are just coming into the "shot". The blocks of colour in the bg are perfect too.
Wow! what a lot of relys all in one pic! get togethers are wonderful, but I can relate to coming home again! It makes you really appreciate home :) Cathy x

Karen Petitt said...

Saw this at the Playground and I had to come over to have a closer look. This is beautiful - I love your stamping, the layout, the colours, everything about it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Wow now that is a huge family - but so beautiful and it must be fab when you get together.
I know what you mean, I always love coming home after a few days away - there's nothing can beat your own bed, linens and most importantly your crafty stash! hugs Karen

Marisa said...

Your card reminds me of the snorkling I did in Costa Rica as a child :) Love the family picture!!! You all must have married young to have great, great grandkids in the family already! Trusting a great time was had by all :)

Cynthia said...

Cut off the deformed fish....I laughed out loud on that one!!! =D His un-deformed friends are just lovely, as is your card! So is the photo of your family. How wonderful to be able to get all those folks together!

scrappymo! said...

I love the way the fish are just starting to swim by...it is also wonderful the way all your colours go together! Such a perfect match!

Di said...

Brilliant card Bonnie! I do love how the fish are just swimming into the scene - very clever idea. Gorgeous colours too.

And a great family photo - times that are very precious. Although I so agree about the bliss of coming back home - I love to travel but do love returning to my own nest :)

Hugs, Di xx

Doris said...

So glad you had such a wonderful family visit in Vermont. I do agree with you that there's no place like home and your own little bed.

Great use of a leftover image on your card! The colors are just right for your underwater scene, too.

Trudy Pope said...

That is a beautiful card.

MaryH said...

A wonderful save! Loved reading how you did it. (I've had lots of instances of needing to know how to save lately! So always looking for good ideas!). Your card is striking, and the water colors looked like a pool with sunshine streaming through it. Glad you got to visit Bennington. Bet it was a lot cooler up that-a-way. Neat town...love NEngland. And yes, it's always good to get back to your 'own stuff'. Hugs & TFS

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing the family picture, Bonnie! These times are so important and so precious with your Dad. Glad you had beautiful weather and got in some sight-seeing fun!

Love your fish tank-take on Heather's card! Fishie is going to love the water guns! I'm hiding out with Polly in the tree house, but I'll have someone watch her and come down to play when you get here!

Hettie said...

Love the fish and I am sure he is happy that he has no deformed body any more! Great card too.
Hugs
xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

perfect guy card Bonnie....

jimlynn said...

Glad you're back and had a wonderful time! Sounds like fun. I'm also back after getting rid of all the company! So glad I am now since I get to see this fabulous card. LOVE that fish and scene you created.
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

What a pretty card design, Bonnie, and the loveliest most peaceful colors, too! hugs, de