Saturday, November 30, 2013

Watercolor Poinsettia for Queen Beverly

The Queen for the Day at SCS this week is Beverly (aka ruby-heartedmom).  

Beverly has a wonderful gallery with lots of beautiful inspiration and she's so generous with her comments!  Here's the card I CASEd.


I stamped the poinsettia on watercolor paper with StazOn ink and used the Marker Layering Technique to color.  After it dried, I cut out the flower and leaves and adhered them to the front of the card.  I can see by the photo that I should have inked the edges of the flower. Oh, well, it's too late now.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Real Red, Garden Green)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Watercolor (snippet)
Other:  Delicate Designs EF, Gold Beads (?)

Addicted to Stamps and more has a new challenge up.  

HOLIDAYS
We want you to create something that has to do with a holiday that is seasonal (Christmas, Easter, New Years etc), a favourite holiday destination or even a national/public holiday.

I chose Christmas.

Festive Friday is offering up their last challenge of the year and ask us to pick any of the past challenges and do a new card.  I chose this challenge..


Pixie's Snippet Playground is staying open a little longer since Di has gone visiting a Christmas fair. Since I used some Watercolor paper snippets, I'm going to see what kind of mischief we can get into while she's away!  I've got my eye on that sleigh I saw sitting there. Wonder if we can find a horse?

52 Christmas Card Throwdown is asking us to chose a past challenge.  This is the one I picked.



Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

21 comments:

Natalie said...

How absolutely amazing! The Delicate Designs EF effect in the background is so perfect with this gorgeous poinsettia.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful poinsettia!!!! Love the embossing on here Bonnie. Such a lovely card.
Lynn

Marisa said...

Lovely poinsettia and love the strip of embossing.

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bonnie! This card really sums up all that's great with CAS cards at Christmas time. Thank you so much for coming to play - it's kinda cosy in here right now!

Hugs, Di xx

Bobby said...

A beautiful card, and so many challenges to enter it into. I love the embossed strip in the middle.

scrappymo! said...

This is so gorgeous!

Greta said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! Love the embossed strip in the middle--great element!

Susan said...

Beautifully coloured, Bonnie! A perfect traditional Christmas card!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie this is beautiful such vibrant colors, you really have catered the christmas spirit here on this beauty.

Marie

Linda said...

Bonnie, this is absolutely beautiful. And thank you for all of your lovely comments on my blog.

Ardyth said...

Beautiful, rich, classic! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you in 2014!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Cynthia said...

I love how you used the embossing like a ribbon across the card. Very striking and beautiful! And I thought that you had frosted the edges of the poinsettia! It looks lovely the way it is! :-)

Loll said...

Gorgeous poinsettia card Bonnie. Love the embossed in the background. Loll xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my...how gorgeous Bonnie!! Beautiful poinsettia - really wishing I had ordered that set sooner. Thanks so much for joining us at ATS&M and 52CCT. Great combo of the challenges.

Kylie said...

Just stunning, Bonnie! Gorgeous colouring over the embossed background! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Deepti Stephens said...

Hi Bonnie, this is really gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Benzi said...

Gorgeous, Bonnie. I love your red poinsettia and it is colored so pretty. The embossed strip looks super duper.

Enjoyed my trip to see my son and he is doing soooo much better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie. Stunning poinsettia card. The white edge gives it a frosty and snowy feel, love it. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Laura said...

Oh Bonnie Stunning Card! Love your Bright Red Poinsettia!! TFS

MaryH said...

Actually, I like the edges as you have them on the flower cutout. It added a lot of dimension to the cutout (at least on my monitor!). That embossed white border is so elegant, and then to pop this bright flower on it...stunning, Miss Bonnie. TFS & Hugs.