Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Gingerbread Man

Do you remember the story of the Gingerbread Man?

It was my youngest daughter's favorite story when she was 2.  When her Grandpa bought her a gingerbread man at the bakery, she promptly bit off his feet so he couldn't run away!

I had 3 of these little gingerbread men.  When I went to make a card with them, there was only this one.

I still haven't found the other 2.

I'm thinking the fox got them. 

 Maybe.



I was going to CASE this card by the Queen for the Day 2 weeks ago, Gail (GailNM).  I was going for the 3 tags but had to rethink that.  It probably would have been too crowded with all three on the card, so maybe it was for the best.

Still, I'd like to find the little guys.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge says 

Bling It On !!! ,,, time to PARTY !!

i.e anything sparkly goes, glitter, gems, stickles, glimmer sprays and paints etc :-)
There's not a lot of bling, just a few rhinestones.  I'm  hoping that's enough to get me in the door.

The Ways to Use it Challenge at SCS is YOU'RE TAGGED.  Make a tag.  I used a sneak preview item from the upcoming Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog.  It's the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.  There's an Angled Tag Topper Punch too, but I'm a sucker for scallops.

Pixie's Snippet Playground will let me in for another go at the swings,  since I used some snippets for my tag.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Scentsational Season (retired),  Warm Words (retired)
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Real Red, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Garden Green
Other:  Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch (retired), Holiday Collection Framelit Dies (retired), Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Snowflake EF (Darice),  Kars Snowflake EF (Cuttlebug-retired), Holly Punch (Martha Stewart), Red Rhinetstones (stash)

I'm so glad you could stop by during this busy time.

Enjoy!



16 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is precious, Bonnie!

Merry Christmas, my friend. :) Hope you find wonderful gifts under the tree and in your heart Christmas morning.

Hettie said...

Aww poor gingerbread people (not allowed to call them "men" any more - not PC!). I hope they are found as it would be sad to think Mr F has eaten them!
Great card Bonnie.
Hugs
xx

jimlynn said...

Maybe someone ate the other two!!! One is just right on here though. So cute and pretty all rolled into one.
Lynn

Benzi said...

So cute...love the little guy. Hope the fox doesn't find this one.

Greta said...

Darling card, Bonnie! Love how you use dry embossing on any style card! Does your daughter get this one? Bet she'd get a kick out of it.

Darnell said...

He is adorable, Bonnie! He OWNS that card, so, yes, there is no room for the missing two! When I first started to read, I thought sure I would find a gingerbread man on your card with his feet cut off!

Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie and I loved reading your post too ,,, the story about your daughter made me smile :-) I hope you find the other gingerbread men ,, haha :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

scrappymo! said...

Cute, cute, cute!

♥Gemma♥ said...

This gorgeous hunni and that little gingerbread man is absolutely adorable...

The other gingerbread men might of hidden amongst 2 piece's of card to get away from the nasty Mr Fox!! hehehe
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Doris said...

Maybe next time you could use your scalloped oval punch to take a "bite" out of one of the legs ;). Have a fun Christmas!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Sweet Gingerbread man! Season's Greetings ! Shirleyx

Susan said...

Adorable little gingerbread man! And a great tag. I must do that SCS challenge as I really like cards with tags on them - you've inspired me!

Di said...

Wonderful card Bonnie - so precious :)

I like to think the other two just eloped together :)

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Gosh...I just love it...you do the best white and red combo creations...

I think of them as your classic look.
This is a cute tag and looks fabulous on your pretty card.

Mrs A. said...

Well I'm not surprised the other two cleared off with the prospect of having their feet bitten off!!
Lol. Hope you have a merry Christmas. hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card - love the lonely gingerbread man. Hope you found the two absconders eventually. Elizabeth xx