Monday, December 30, 2013

Merry Monday Calm Christmas for Queen Susan

The Queen for the Day Challenge at SCS is to choose any Queen 146-195.  I'm choosing 151.  My friend Susan B. (susanbri).  When Susan posted this card, I immediately placed it in my favorites.  I love all of Susan's cards but this is my all time favorite!

Imagine my delight when I opened some happy mail and found Susan's gorgeous card inside!

Mine isn't as elegant as Susan's. Hopefully it expresses the same peaceful feeling. 


Merry Monday is continuing the "critter" challenge so you still have time to join in.  So many beautiful cards in that gallery.


Pixie's Snippet Playground has opened the gate for another week.  I used snippets on my design piece and the sentiment so I'm skipping in.  Thanks so much Di for spotlighting my gingerbread card. Those gingerpeople must be on their honeymoon cause I still haven't found them.  If they show up at the Playground, nab 'em!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Calm Christmas
Ink:  Smokey Slate, Basic Gray, SU Marker (Garden Green)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Gray
Other:  Ovals Dies Bigz (retired), Extra Large Oval Punch, Basic Pearls, Corner Rounder Punch (Fiskars), Musical Flourish EF (Cuttlebug)

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!


19 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Just beautiful, Bonnie. That dove is gorgeous. Your friend Susan's card is amazing too. Have a Happy New Year!

jimlynn said...

Total peace and beauty!!
Lynn

Irene said...

A beautiful CAS card Bonnie.
luv
irene
xxxx

Marisa said...

Beautiful bird and loving all that white space :)

Susan said...

Bonnie, I am so honoured!! Thank you very much for CASEing my card. That was one of the cards I was most proud of in the past year. You did a great job - love the muted colours and the tiny hint of brighter colour in the green branch.

Elizabeth said...

Another beautiful card, Bonnie, and a gorgeous interpretation of the card that inspired you. Elizabeth xx

Cynthia said...

Oh, how beautiful, Bonnie!! I love that gorgeous dove!!

Darnell said...

Your card is stunning, peaceful, and elegant, Bonnie! I love it!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I send you all the best for a Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

I can see why you love Susan's card & your version is stunning, Bonnie!

Di said...

This is so beautiful Bonnie - soft and really elegant. Love the added pearls which just finish it off perfectly.

No sign of the gingerbread folk in the Playground - since the fence blew down we do have an occasional visit from a fox so I hope he didn't get them :(

Delighted your prize arrived OK, enjoy!

Happy New Year!

Hugs,

Di
xx

Doris said...

Love your card, Bonnie! The 2 rounded corners set it off beautifully. Happy stamping in the New Year!

♥Gemma♥ said...

This is beautiful Bonnie and such a beautiful dove image too...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Hettie said...

Oh Bonnie. What a stunner of a card. Gorgeous.
Hugs and Happy New Year.
xx

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, the dove is lovely and I am always a fan of background texture.

Karen Davis said...

This card is so gorgeous Bonnie. I love this image. Happy New Year.

kay said...

This is beautiful x

Marybeth said...

Hi Bonnie. It's gorgeous and so peaceful. Love the pearls on the olive branch. Hope you have a wonderful 2014, Happy New Year!

Susan Joyce said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous I love every detail. Happy New Year!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the dove and very peaceful :)