Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Monday Little Penguin

There's still time to join the Merry Monday challenge since it's been extended for the rest of the month!  We are enjoying all these critters so much that we don't want to stop them coming!


Here's the challenge



There are so many wonderful creations in that gallery.

Even if you don't have time to stamp, do go take a look.

This little guy was in the $1.00 bin at Michael's one day.  I was so excited to find it.  I needed some cards for Luke's and Jack's teachers and thought this one would be perfect.

I stamped him on a piece of Whisper White scrap then stamped and embossed some snowflakes around him using the emboss resist technique to sponge some Broken China Distress Ink.  I sponged some little snowbanks by tearing a sticky note and sponging around it.  I still struggle with my sponging and have trouble getting the color even.  I'm hoping that practice will yield to success.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Penguin (Michaels), Handy Christmas Greetings (Amy R.)
Ink: Whisper White, SU Markers (Basic Black, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie), Broken China (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red
Other: White EP, Polar White Flower Soft, Pom Pom (my stash)

I have especially enjoyed your comments about my Gingerbread Man Person card!  If I find those 2 little rascals, I will snip off a leg, pronto, LOL!  You guys add so much fun to my life!

Thanks for visiting.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Hettie said...

Lovely lickle Penguin Bonnie. He does look so happy to be on your card.
No sign of Ginger People then?
Hugs
xx

Benzi said...

Adorable little penguin and I think he is really enjoying those snowflakes coming down. Your snow looks great. Adorable card, Bonnie.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Unknown said...


Oh my goodness!! What a cute little penguin...and I just love the background that you created :)

Mrs A. said...

Cute little penguin. I love his snazzy bow. Hugs Mrs A.

Karren said...

Another cute critter card, Bonnie! This little penguin is soooo cute and your background is gorgeous. Merry Christmas!

Cynthia said...

How cute! What a sweet little penguin! And I LOVE your sponging--I think it's perfect!

Merry Christmas, Bonnie!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous little penguin Bonnie, he does look so happy! I love your sponging, the snow around his little feet looks real. Have a wonderful Christmas, Cathy x

Joyce said...

What a cute little penguin. I especially love his jaunty hat.

Kristie Goulet said...

This little penguin is so sweet!!! Great design.

Greta said...

Adorable, festive card--love it, Bonnie!

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a cute Christmas card!! I think you did a beautiful job at sponging with the colors.

Notes by Nina said...

oh Bonnie this is so cute, I love this adorable image.