Monday, December 9, 2013

Merry Monday Mitten

My Christmas cards are all signed, sealed and to be delivered to the Post Office this morning. What a good feeling to have them all done.  

But I'm still enjoying creating Christmas cards and I'm getting a head start on next year thanks to Lesley and Merry Monday!

Here's my card for this week.



And here's this week's challenge....


It's a good challenge for today since we  had to trade our shorts from Friday to hats and mittens yesterday!  This weather is CRAZY!  But no snow here.  Just a really cold rain.

I used a few snippets so I can visit with Di and the gals at the Playground.  I was so excited to learn that I won the random draw over there.  And what a bounty of goodies there will be coming to my mailbox. I used some snippets for the snowflake, cuff and sentiment.  Why not use some snippets on your card and take it over to Pixie's Snippet Playground.  I see that there are some warming beverages being passed around.

Lesley has reconsidered about keeping the Fusion Challenge going and has a new challenge that will last from now to Christmas.


We can do either of the inspirations or both.  I have done the photo inspiration, using the red and white and the textures of the stocking and pillow.

Lesley has a design call up for this challenge.  If you're interested, be sure to visit this blog and get the details.


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: More Merry Messages 
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red
Other:  Mitten with Snowflake Die (Impression Obsession), Square Lattice EF, Snowflake EF (Cuttlebug), Corner Rounder Punch (for sentiment), Polar White Flower Soft, Baker's Twine (We R Memory Keepers)

I die cut the mitten from Real Red and the snowflake from a white snippet. After gluing the snowflake to the mitten, I ran both through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice EF.  It gives it the look of a design knitted into the mitten.  I added flower soft to the cuff because I remembered a favorite pair of mittens when I was a child that had a fuzzy edge. They were my favorites.

I hope you'll join us at Merry Monday.  Even if you have all your Christmas card posted, you can play just for fun.  We'd love to see your creations there.  And for some wonderful inspiration check out the site.  Such a talented group of ladies.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by during this hectic time.

Enjoy!



27 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love your vibrantly bright red mitten! and the fuzzy cuff on it!! so fun and wintery!

Wendy said...

Such a fun card, Bonnie! Love the big mitten and added snowflake! Perfect card for this week's challenge! Happy Holidays! :)

Sarn said...

Hi Bonnie . . . congrats on winning the contents of the Snippets Playground toy box!

Love this cute mitten card.

If you need something, um, REFRESHING . . . see the gang behind the bike sheds. . . .

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Benzi said...

Beautiful mitten card, Bonnie. Ooh, I want to play in the Merry Monday but I see no time. Christmas is coming so fast and I have so much to do.

I am jealous you have those cards all ready for the post office. I have enough but they aren't in envies yet...far from it.

LeAnne said...

Everyone needs bright red mittens like these...what a great Fusion challenge too. Love how you did the snowflake and the cuff!

Cynthia said...

This card is just adorable!! Love all the textures going on--super festive!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love the texture you have added to your card, Bonnie! So sweet!!!

jimlynn said...

Love the Flower Soft on this pretty mitten. Big and bold and beautiful!
Lynn

MaryH said...

Goody, I get to leave the 1st comment on this gorgeous card. Those mittens are going to feel awfully warm over at the Playground while you are having a cup o'nog. They look so bright & fuzzy warm thanks to the mesh EF you used for texture. Great job on the fur wristband too. And your icy snowflake just adds to the pretty look. See ya at the refreshment stand! TFS & Hugs

Karren said...

This is such a fun card, Bonnie. That mitten is gorgeous with its Flower Soft cuff - so clever!

Karen Davis said...

Bonnie, your mitten looks like the real thing! Embossing the snowflake and mitten is so effective and the flower soft cuff is so realistic.
A very cheerful card.

Cathy Weber said...

Good for you!! Such an accomplishment having your cards already done and in the mail...I need to get going with mine! Beautiful mitten, love the flower soft cuff and the embossing on the white background. Very cute card...wishing I had a pair just like it right about now!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie I love the embossing!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the red mitten and snowflake Bonnie with the flower soft cuff. Such a sweet design!

Hettie said...

Love the card Bonnie. It looks great though we don't really need it here as it has warmed up!
Hugs
xx

Loll said...

Bright and fun! Love your red mitten with all the texture ... the embossing folder is perfect for this - looks like the mitten is knitted! The flower soft adds even more texture and I love the white fussy for the cuff. Great job!

I'm heading to the post office this morning for the last time! All my cards and packages are written and wrapped up. Loll xx

Darnell said...

If I needed a mitten, I would come to you, Bonnie! This one is warm and toasty AND cheerful! Excellent job on the design and on using the snippets! I'll get to try it on for reals over at the Playground!! Hugs, Darnell

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a cute mitten card Bonnie. Love the embossing. Off to check out the other challenges you listed!

Mrs A. said...

Now you need to make another card so you have a matching pair. This one looks lovely and warm and comfy. Hugs Mrs A.

Kelly Griglione said...

What wonderful texture on your mitten, I love it! Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Di said...

Fabulous as always Bonnie - send me two please :)

Your prize is packaged and will be posted tomorrow :) Well done again!

Hugs, Di xx

Lesley said...

Great design...love the snowflake die cut on the mitten! Clever!!!

Geri said...

Awesome for both challenges, Bonnie!!! It's so bold and cheery...I love it!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Bonnie, I love the vibrant red for your mitten and the snowflake is fabulous.

Greta said...

Wow--that mitten is really neat! Love this card, Bonnie!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous mitten Bonnie - LOVE the texture! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon:)

Unknown said...

I love the big mitten you used with the flower soft on top! Thanks for playing with us at fusion :)