Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sparkling Snowflakes for Queen LM

I got this beautiful snowflake die from Impression Obsession after seeing them on Loll's card. And I very promptly cut some out of white paper. This little piece was left over and tucked aside.  I placed it over a piece of Glimmer Paper and I really love the way it turned out.  See what you think.



As it sits here on my desk it sparkles in the light.  I just can't pick up all that sparkle in the photo.

The Queen for the Day at SCS this week is LM (aka LM Stamps).  These cards made me think of negative cuts so I'm taking these over to honor her.

Ways to Use It challenge, also at SCS is 

You're Tagged make a tag: using it on another project is optional!

It's hard to see the clipped corners, but there's a tag on there.


Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is having a 2 week go this time and Simon says

Bling It On !!! ,,, time to PARTY !!

i.e anything sparkly goes, glitter, gems, stickles, glimmer sprays and paints etc :-)
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
The Friday Mashup (which I hadn't played in a long time) says

Bring on the Bling!!!


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using the colors "Real Red, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay & Crumb Cake."
  2. Create a project with some "Glimmer/Shimmer/Bling. "
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project "Real Red, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake & Glimmer."
 This week's challenge will run for 2 weeks, so there's extra time to play along with us!

I've got the bling covered.

And of course, Pixie's Snippet Playground where snippets are always welcome. Di and Parsnip have decided to leave the Playground gates open until the 28th so you've still a little bit of time to play there.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Handy Christmas Greetings (Amy R.) Another enablement from Loll!
Ink:  Encore Silver
Paper:  Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Other: Silver Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Silver EP, Tag (my stash)

I'm so glad you took the time to stop by.

Enjoy!


18 comments:

Mrs A. said...

How pretty this looks. The sparkle is showing up just fine. Hope your .christmas was enjoyable. Best wishes for a Crafty New yr. hugs Mrs a.

jimlynn said...

I can see the shine all the way down here in Texas!!! So pretty and love the way you used the negative die cuts.
Lynn

Bobby said...

Those are beautiful snowflakes, Bonnie, the only kind I like right now as we're inundated with the real thing.

MaryH said...

Bonnie it sparkles great on my monitor. It's just lovely, and don't we get the greatest of inspiration from our Loll? I think this is the IO snowflake set I have, and it cuts like butter, even through the hologram paper by Paper Cuts (and that's THICK paper too!). None of my other dies cut this well on glitter & thick paper. I love the way you did this card...brrrr...very wintery feel. Happy New Year & TFS - hugs too

Elizabeth S. said...

Great use of the negatives and love the silver/white look of this beautiful card.

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. That negative die cut with the silver background is stunning. Loll is responsible for a lot of craft $$$ spent by many people I'm sure (me included) :)

Greta said...

Gorgeous card & I love the pearls! I had in mind doing something like this, but never got around to it. Thanks for the inspiration, Bonnie!

Di said...

Fabulous card Bonnie. I love that you used the snowflakes negative so perfectly over the sparkly backing. It's a beautiful result.

Hugs, Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh this is so pretty Bonnie, and yes I can see the sparkles

Cynthia said...

Ahhhh, so gorgeous, Bonnie!! I love having that kind of "white" Christmas versus the kind I have to shovel! ;-) Love the sparkle!!

Susan said...

Bonnie, this is beautiful - straight into my file I keep of favourite cards. Love the white and silver, and the added touch of the bow.

Marisa said...

Love this, Bonnie!!

Darnell said...

This is really beautiful, Bonnie! I can imagine how much it sparkles IRL!! Great job on all the challenges and great snippets use, too! I hope you had a lovely Christmas!! Happy New Year Cheers! Darnell

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. What a fabulous idea to use glitter paper behind those snowflake negatives. It's so festive--and, I can see the sparkle all the way here in San Diego.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow this is beautiful hun and loving the sparkly panel behind those snowflakes...

Hope you had a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful beautiful card, love how you used the snowflakes.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Hettie said...

Gorgeous Bonnie. And pretty simple too.
Hugs for the New Year!
xx

Irene said...

Stunning Bonnie, I love the negative snowflakes especially with the glimmer paper behind, and those gorgeous pearls are perfet.
luv
irene
xxxx