Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Forever Florals for Fall

I have a lot of October birthdays on my calendar.

Orange flowers seem perfect for this time of year.


I did a little bit of stenciling with a stencil 
my good friend Loll had sent me.

I stamped the flower 2 times with Tangerine Tango ink
then colored with the Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities.
I cut one flower apart and added to the whole flower with a dimensional.

The flower center was colored with the Daffodil Delight Blendies.

To get a more Fallish look, I used a So Saffron card base.



Addicted to Stamps

GRAB OUR BADGE!
Make Your Mark
(I used my Blendabilities Alcohol Markers to color the flower.)

CAS on Sunday

CAS on Sunday
Emboss it
(The Stitched Mats are embossed.)

Simon Says Monday Challenge

Simon Monday Challenge Blog
"O" is for....
(Orange and October birthdays.)

Virginia's View Challenge
October's Theme: Clean and Simple
(I haven't played here in a while so I'm excited to be able to join in.)

We've had quite a rainy week, but no strong storms like some have had.
We're thankful for that and that we won't have to water the yard for a while.

Thanks so much for  your visit and your encouraging comments.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Forever Florals, Bloom with Hope
Ink: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze
Paper:  So Saffron, Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Old Olive
Other:  Stitched Mats Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Stencil, Leaf Punch (EK) 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



27 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bonnie, such a gorgeous card ... I love the bright autumnal colours and the stencilling - subtle but lovely. I have a giveaway on offer so do check out the sticky post at the top of my blog. Elizabeth x

Pat said...

What an elegant card Bonnie and I love the colours, and the pretty stencilling, flower and foliage look great backed by the stitched rectangle mat. The embossed stitching on the base card gives harmony to the whole thing. Beautifully autumnal. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very very pretty and cheery, love that flower and your "stitching"

sandie said...

I love this subtle background and then the burst of colours. So fresh and cheerful. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and ATSM

Betty said...

beautiful card, Bonnie - the stitched borders, stenciling, and fall colors all work together so well - love it!

jimlynn said...

Love the way you used the stencil on here Bonnie. That big gorgeous flower is stunning too!!! A beautiful card.
Glad y'all didn't have any bad storms!
Lynn

Sue said...

Gorgeous colours Bonnie such a pretty card huggles Sue xx

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful Bonnie. I love the orange flower and the design of your card.
We have a few birthdays in October also. I had better get busy with my cards. :)

Linda said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. That orange flower is so gorgeous.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Love the fall colours and your flower is so pretty! Loll xx

Doris said...

Another WOW card for sure, Bonnie! The contrast between the soft background and the bold flower is stunning.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card, Bonnie!!! Hope you have a great day!

Sandy said...

Love the card! Love the colors!
Sandy xx

Cynthia said...

Love the autumn colors! And the flower's pop of color is perfectly gorgeous!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! I love how you used the stencil, and your flower is stunning!
So glad to have you with us this week at ATSM!

Irene said...

Hello Bonnie

A beautiful card. I love the stencil background, it's a simple design and blends so well with your stunning flowers.

luv
irene
xxxx

Susan said...

That subtle bit of stencilling makes a perfect background for your gorgeous flower!

laurie said...

I like that stenciling in the background, and of course those stitched mats! That flower is gorgeous,too, and the colors are just perfect for October.Great card!

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty this is, Bonnie! I love the stenciled background & gorgeous flower!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous !! Love the faded look of the stenciling :)

Anna-Karin said...

This is a beautiful card!! Love the layered flower. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and nicely coloured! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

MaryH said...

Love that stencil background and the Lil inker shape you've cut it with. The dimensional flower is just wonderful and so very much looking like the pots of mums that we're seeing around our area. Great fall card. TFS & Hugs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love the hint of harlequin (isn't that what that diamond pattern is called?) in the background. I never saw the appeal of stencils before but now that people are doing little hints of pattern here and there I get it!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful birthday card Bonnie! I love that orange flower, so pretty. Makes me wish my birthday was in October! lol Hugs, Brenda

anja curvers said...

Wow great card Bonnie really love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday

Marybeth said...

This is absolutely stunning , Bonnie! I want to CASE it! Love the light stenciling you did and the bright flower!