Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas Bells for Merry Monday

The lovely and talented Sue is our hostess at
Merry Monday this week.



Here's what I did.




I love Christmas carols.

It's hard to pick a favorite.

This is one of my favorites though.


"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is a Christmas carol based on the 1863 poem "Christmas Bells" by American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.[1] The song tells of the narrator's despair, upon hearing Christmas bells, that "hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, good will to men". The carol concludes with the bells carrying renewed hope for peace among men.


"And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;

"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

"Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;

The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."

The Mixed Media challenge
is almost over but I think this will squeak in.


On both cards, I have stamped, colored with alcohol markers and dry embossed.

I hope you'll get some bells on a card and join us at
Merry Monday.

I'm real happy you stopped by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells and Boughs (retired), Scripted Greetings (AmyR)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Garden Green
Other:  Blendabilities, Copic Markers, Moroccan Frame EF (Sizzix), Stitched Mats Rectangles (Lil' Inker), Simply Scored

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


24 comments:

KimCreate said...

Very cute bell stamp! I like the dry embossing too! Nice story about the song.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, what a wonderful post today and beautiful cards. I absolutely love Christmas bells. It has something to do with the silver and red bells my mother used to put on our front porch when I was a little girl.

stampwithsandy said...

This is just beautiful Bonnie, and the sentiment so lovely. You always seem to have the perfect elements for every challenge. I'm guessing you have a lot of stamps!

Brenda said...

Oh my Bonnie, this card is just beautiful!!! Beautiful in looks and beautiful in meaning. Love, love, love it! Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

You picked a very appropriate carol for our world today. Wish our governments would take heed of the words. Your cards are beautiful, each one. Love the pretty EF on #1 and the lovely coloring on each one. You've created 2 very wonderful Christmas cards. TFS & Happy week ahead. Hugs

Darnell said...

What a super post, Bonnie! Thank you for sharing that! Your Christmas bells card is perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

jimlynn said...

Two stunners!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these Bonnie!!!
Lynn

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Love the bells and I love this Christmas Carol too. Thanks for sharing.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie! I love this Christmas carol too. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. xo

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie! So elegant looking! You did a great job coloring the jingle bells! Love the embossed background!

Pam Sparks said...

I love this song too Bonnie! Gorgeous cards!

Susan Joyce said...

Your cards are gorgeous Bonnie. I love how you used the Christmas Carol for your sentiment too.

Anonymous said...

A pretty card and the story behind it is so interesting. Thanks for sharing it!

Katie Melhus said...

How perfect are your image and sentiment, Bonnie?! Lovely card!

Susan said...

I love both versions of your card, Bonnie. And what a great sentiment stamp - I might have to buy that one!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love your stitched edges and your fabulous bells.

Karren said...

This is so beautiful, Bonnie - both the sentiment and the card. I love all the white space and the scoring really adds to the overall look.

Unknown said...

Great card! Lovely colouring and sentiment!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Simply beautiful! The sentiment is so perfect - love it!!

Greta said...

2 beautiful cards, Bonnie! I love that song, too, & need to get out my stamp with it.

Cynthia said...

I love that carol too--it always gives me chills when I hear it! Both cards are such a beautiful way to get the message of hope across!

Nance Leedy said...

These are gorgeous Bonnie! I really like the pop of the colored bells on the first one and the itty bit of black trim. Beautiful!

Wendy said...

Your card is a beauty, Bonnie! Love the coloring of your beautiful bells and the overall design! Wonderful embossing too! :)

Deepti said...

Beauties !