Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Marbled Butterflies


Have you tried marbling your paper yet?

I have had the messiest best time doing this technique.

I've got a story to tell of this card.

I needed a sympathy card and pulled this out of my stash.
It had a stamped and cut out cross on it.
But the color of the cross looked off compared to the card base.
(I'm sure I used the same color ink as card but I'm thinking maybe not!)

I didn't feel like I could send it like that so I pulled the cross of the card
and put it aside for another day.

I wasn't sure what to put on the embossed piece.

Since our challenge this month at CAS Mix Up is Marbling,
I had several pieces on hand from my play with shaving cream and re-inkers.

So I die cut these little butterflies from a piece of marbled paper and
put them on the card.

But wait!  Where in the world am I to put some stamping?

A NBUS stamp set from Technique Tuesday caught my eye.
I wanted something subtle so I stamped with some VersaMark ink.

And I loved it!

I hope you do too.

So I used Stamping, Marbling, Die Cuts and Dry Embossing.

There's still time to join us at
CAS Mix Up



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Wildflowers (TT)
Ink:   VersaMark
Paper:   Baja Breeze, Whisper White (SU), Coated paper for marbling
Other:  Shaving Cream, Marina Mist Re-inker (SU), Isabella and Pippi Butterfly Dies (MB), Basic Pearls (SU), Square Lattice EF (retired SU)


19 comments:

JosieD said...

Love this card. Tried the marbling with shaving cream Saturday afternoon and got in a lot of play time with it. Really like the technique and don't mind the mess. Next step was to use it on cards -- it is strong as a b'grd so had to put something on it that worked....took some experimenting. Today am going to try die cutting out of marbled pieces. Thanks for choosing marbling for CAS Mix Up Sept. Challenge.

Linda said...

This is so pretty Bonnie. I love the colors and those butterflies and the little image off to the side.

Nstiz said...

It's always sad to need a sympathy card. What a beautiful job you did with this, Bonnie. Love the embossed background behind your gorgeous, marbled butterflies.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Yea! I love it when you can save a card from certain disaster. This is perfect this way and wee bit of stamping brought it all together.

Colleen said...

Stunning card, Bonnie! You have given me more ideas in using all the paper I marbled...but I think I need to make more with different colors!! ha ha!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie. The colours are SO PRETTY! Love the marbled butterflies. And the tone-on-tone of the stamped sprigs in the corner are beautiful. Fantastic design, my friend. xx

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, the stamped grasses just finish it off perfectly.

TK said...

Beautiful! I love that you used something that didn't work, and made something so very pretty!

jimlynn said...

I would have never thought to stamp the foliage off to the side and yet, it's gorgeous and looks like it should be there. So beautiful!
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card - love the marbled butterflies. and the versamark stamp is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very lovely Bonnie.
Faith
x

Susan said...

Great use of a piece that didn't work as planned - you turned it into a beautiful card - love the marbled butterflies. And very clever to put the stamping in with that subtle branch in the corner.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your trio of marbled butterflies, Bonnie!!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love your marbled butterflies.

Karen Davis said...

Your marbled butterflies are so pretty Bonnie. Perfect CAS.

Brenda in IN said...

The marbled butterflies are lovely and I really like the look that stamping with versamark gives. I bought a can of shaving cream and will be trying this over the weekend.

nancy littrell said...

Your marbled butterflies turned out beautifully Bonnie. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Doris said...

Great remake, Bonnie! Love the texture on your panel. The butterflies are just the right color for the card base, too.

Greta said...

Lovely sympathy card--unique & beautiful! I love using the marbled paper for butterflies!